Publications & Resources
Guides and Posters
The following outreach materials are designed to help commercial service customers make the most of available programs and services. Print them from your own printer or order hard copies. Contact us to request hard copies.
- The Commercial Service Guide
- Commercial Bin/Cart Collection Guidelines
- The Commercial 341, 1826, Hazardous Waste Program Reminder
- What Belongs in the Gray Garbage Cart/Bin?
- What Belongs in the Brown Food Scraps Cart/Bin?
- What belongs in the Blue Recyclables Split Carts/Bins?
- What belongs in the Blue Paper/Fibers Recyclables Carts/Bins?
- What Belongs in the Green Yard Trimmings Cart/Bin?
- What happens to my Garbage?
- What happens to my Food Scraps?
- What happens to my Recyclables?
- What happens to my Yard Trimmings?
- Alpha listing of items that belong in each cart
- Street Sweeping Map and Schedules
- MARCH 2018 Commercial Newsletter – We are Your New Waste Services Collection Provider, Dual-Stream Recycling Program, Become a Green Business, Proper Disposal of Hazardous Waste, Holiday Service Schedule
- APRIL 2018 Commercial Billing Insert – Recycling is Changing – Proper Sorting Tips, Improve Your Program Today-We can Help!
- FEBRUARY 2018 Commercial Billing Insert – Recycling is Required-We Can Help!
What Happens to Recyclables? video, click here.
What Happens to Food Scraps? video, click here.
What Happens to Garbage? video, click here.
What Happens to Yard Trimmings? video, click here.
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
Donation / Reuse
- City of Milpitas Reuse Line -408-586-2680
- Goodwill Industries – www.goodwillsv.org
- Salvation Army – www.salvationarmyusa.org or 1-800-95-TRUCK
- Santa Clara County’s Center for Development of Recycling – www.recyclestuff.org or 800-533-8414
- Freecycle.org – www.freecycle.org
Gardening & Composting
Business Hazardous Waste (HHW) / Electronic Waste
- Free HHW drop-off facility for Santa Clara County businesses
- Find a certified e-waste recycler
- Asbestos Safety and Information
Become a Green Business!
Earth Day Everyday