Publications & Resources
Guides and Posters
The following outreach materials are designed to help residential customers make the most of available programs and services. Print them from your own printer or order hard copies. Contact us to request hard copies.
- The Residential Service Guide
- The On-Call Clean Up Guide
- What Belongs in the Gray Garbage/Food Scraps Split Cart?
- What Belongs in the Blue Recyclables Split Cart?
- What Belongs in the Green Yard Trimmings Cart?
- What happens to my Garbage?
- What happens to my Food Scraps?
- What happens to my Recyclables?
- What happens to my Yard Trimmings?
- Food Scraps Program Tips
- Alpha listing of items that belong in each cart
- Garbage cart sizes/dimensions
- Street Sweeping Map and Schedules
- Single Family Residential Holiday Tree Collection Program
Newsletters & Postcards
- Jan Mar 2018 Newsletter – New Collection Services, Why Split Carts?, The Handy Kitchen Food Scraps Pail, Holiday Service Schedule, Billing Information, FAQs and more!
For New Collection Carts and Proper Set out Tips click here.
For the Handy Kitchen Pail instructional video, click here.
For Pay as you Throw instructional video, click here.
For Single Family Residential On-Call Bulky Item Clean up Program video, click here.
Garbage/Food Scraps Split Cart Collection video, click here.
Split Cart Collection Program video, click here.
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
Donation / Reuse
- City of Milpitas Reuse Line -408-586-2680
- Goodwill Industries – www.goodwillsv.org
- Salvation Army – www.salvationarmyusa.org or 1-800-95-TRUCK
- Santa Clara County’s Center for Development of Recycling – www.recyclestuff.org or 800-533-8414
- Freecycle.org – www.freecycle.org
Gardening & Composting
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) / Electronic Waste
- Free HHW drop-off facility for Santa Clara County residents
- Find a certified e-waste recycler
- Asbestos Safety and Information
Earth Day Everyday