NEW BILLING Guidelines
Your Utilities Bill Has Changed
- As of December 1, 2017, MILPITAS SANITATION is your new solid waste collection service provider and will bill for your solid waste collection services.
- Solid waste collection services, cart rental fees (if applicable), along with water and sewer services, are currently billed by the City of Milpitas.
- The City of Milpitas utility bill included solid waste collection service and cart rental fees (if applicable) through the service period that ended November 30, 2017.
- If you had Auto-Pay with the City of Milpitas for water, sewer and solid waste (garbage) services and want to continue to have Auto-Pay for your garbage bill, you must sign up with Milpitas Sanitation. Please click here to sign up for Auto-Pay.
- January 2018, you will receive a bill from Milpitas Sanitation for solid waste collection services for the service period from December 1, 2017 to March 31, 2018. There will no longer be a cart rental fee.
- Milpitas Sanitation bills 3 months in advance while the City of Milpitas bills 2 months in arrears. During the billing transition period (Dec. 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018), you may receive bills for solid waste collection services from both the City of Milpitas and Milpitas Sanitation. You are not being over charged. Please pay both bills by the due dates listed.
Click here for a transition rate chart.
Click here for garbage cart sizes.
- Single family customers with a financial hardship can call the City of Milpitas at 408-586-3100 to arrange a payment plan for a solid waste charges billed by the City. Payment plans for City solid waste bills must be paid by June 30, 2018.
- YOUR CURRENT BILL: Solid waste collection and cart rental (if applicable) fees are listed with your water and sewer charges.
- The City of Milpitas no longer be charged for solid waste collection services and cart rental fees after the November 30, 2017 service period. (The City of Milpitas will continue to bill you for water and sewer services.
- YOUR NEW BILL: Starting January 1, 2018, solid waste collection fees will be billed to you by Milpitas Sanitation. (There will no longer be a cart rental fee.)
- During the billing transition period (December 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018), you may receive bills for solid waste collection services from both the City of Milpitas and Milpitas Sanitation.
- Milpitas Sanitation bills in advance on a quarterly schedule. Beginning January 1, 2018, your new residential solid waste collection bill will be sent to you by Milpitas Sanitation on a quarterly schedule/every three months. Please see the quarterly billing schedule chart below.
- Residential billing dates are based on Residential Groups. Residential Groups are determined by the first letter of the customer’s last name. Please see chart below to determine your Residential Group and when you will be receiving your solid waste collection bill from Milpitas Sanitation.
Please note: The City of Milpitas billing ended November 30, 2017. During the transition period (December 1, 2017 – March 31, 2018), you will receive bills from both the City of Milpitas and Milpitas Sanitation for solid waste collection services. You are not being overcharged. Please pay both bills by the due dates listed.
Questions? Contact Us!
Click here for our contact form or call us at (408 988-4500)
CITY OF MILPITAS:
Click here to be directed to the City of Milpitas Utility-Payment-Services webpage or call us at: (408) 586-3100.