Debris Box Billing and Service Guidelines
- BILLING INCLUDES: There is a Per Pull Charge plus tonnage fees for each pick up. If the debris box is not serviced within seven days, a demurrage charge will be applied each day until service is scheduled. (Fees are outlined in the rate for service section). The pull charge and tonnage fees are taken out of the pre-payment. If there is a balance owed, Milpitas Sanitation will invoice you at the end of the billing cycle. If you have a credit on your account you will receive a refund within 30 days of last day of the billing cycle.
- PAYMENT: You may pay by company check, personal check, money order, credit card (Visa, MasterCard, & Discover) or cash (no third-party checks). This is required for each box depending upon amount of service.
- DELIVERY/PICKUP: Delivery and/or service times cannot be guaranteed. Please call our office 2-business days before you need a delivery or pickup of the debris box. Don’t forget to include if the box is to be picked up with no return.
- PLEASE REMEMBER: NO HAZARDOUS WASTE IN BOX. Material cannot be higher than edge of box. DO NOT OVERFILL BOX.
- CLOSING BOX: Please make sure T -bar is fully locked into top and bottom channel locks (as indicated by arrows) when closing box. We cannot pick up the box if these are not locked correctly.
- CONTAMINATION: Loads characterized as contaminated (i.e. garbage in recyclables, etc.) by the landfill – shall be charged at the loose garbage rate (Fees are outlined on rate for service section). Milpitas Sanitation will not return contaminated box to customer to offload – box will be dumped at landfill. Customer will not be notified of load characterization change.
If you have any questions regarding the service, please call our office at 408-988-4500.