Publications & Resources
Guides and Posters
The following outreach materials are designed to help multi-family service customers make the most of available programs and services. Print them from your own printer or order hard copies. Contact us to request hard copies.
- The Multi-Family Service Guide
- Multi-Family Bin Guidelines
- The Multi-Family Program Reminders
- The Multi-Family 341, 1826 Recycling Flyer
- Multi-Family Customer On-Call Clean Up Guide
- What belongs in the Gray Garbage Cart/Bin?
- What belongs in the Brown Food Scraps Cart/Bin?
- What belongs in the Blue Recyclables Split Carts/Bins?
- What belongs in the Blue Paper/Fibers Recyclables Carts/Bins?
- What belongs in the Blue Recyclable Containers Carts?
- What belongs in the Green Yard Trimmings Cart/Bin?
- What happens to my Garbage?
- What happens to my Food Scraps?
- What happens to my Recyclables?
- What happens to my Yard Trimmings?
- Reduce & Reuse, before you Recycle
- Alpha listing of items that belong in each cart
- Street Sweeping Map and Schedules
- Multi-Family Holiday Tree Collection Program
- April 2020: Recycling is Required, Landscaper AB 1826 Compliance Information
- January 2019: Rate Increase and Organics Recycling is Required, We can Help!
- February 2018: Recycling is Required-We Can Help!
- February 2020: California Regulations Require Recycling and Composting – We Can Help!, Solid Waste Rate Increase, MSI Provides These Items at No Additional Cost, Don’t Dump Into a Storm Drain!, MSI Clean Up Program, Proper Disposal of Hazardous Waste and Holiday Service Schedule.
- November 2019: Organics Recycling is Required – We Can Help!, Does Your Complex Have Food Scraps Recycling?, Holiday Tree Collection, Holiday Service Schedule.
- August 2019: Reduce Litter Pollution, Composting is Required-We Can Help! Avoid Wishcycling, Holiday Service Schedule, Calendar of Events
- May 2019: Keep the Recyclables Stream Clean!, Proper Sorting Makes a Difference, Mandatory Recycling Ordinance, Holiday Service Schedule
- February 2019: California Regulations Require Recycling and Composting-We Can Help!, Rate Increase, Don’t Dump in the Storm Drains, Proper Disposal of Hazardous Waste, Multi-Family On-Call Clean Up Service, Holiday Service Schedule.
- November 2018: Organics Recycling Required, Food Scraps Recycling, We Can Help!, Holiday Tree Collection, Holiday Service Schedule.
- August 2018: Avoid Wishcycling, Recycling and Composting is Required, A Word About Cardboard, Strive to Refuse, Reduce, Reuse and Repair, Calendar of Events and Holiday Service Schedule
- May 2018: Keep the Recyclables Stream Clean!, Proper Sorting Makes a Difference, Mandatory Recycling Ordinance, Holiday Service Schedule
- February 2018: Proper Sorting Makes a Difference!, Recycling Tote Bags, Handy Kitchen Food Scraps Pails, California Regulations Require Recycling, Holiday Service Schedule and The Dual-Stream Recycling Program.
What Happens to Recyclables? video, click here.
What Happens to Food Scraps? video, click here.
What Happens to Garbage? video, click here.
What Happens to Yard Trimmings? video, click here.
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
Donation / Reuse
- City of Milpitas Reuse Line -408-586-2680
- Goodwill Industries – www.goodwillsv.org
- Salvation Army – www.salvationarmyusa.org or 1-800-95-TRUCK
- Santa Clara County’s Center for Development of Recycling – www.recyclestuff.org or 800-533-8414
- Freecycle.org – www.freecycle.org
Gardening & Composting
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) / Electronic Waste
- Free HHW drop-off facility for Santa Clara County residents
- Find a certified e-waste recycler
- Asbestos Safety and Information
Earth Day Everyday