Publications & Resources
The following outreach materials are designed to help multi-family service customers make the most of available programs and services. Print them from your own printer or order hard copies. Contact us to request hard copies.
- The Multi-Family Service Guide
- Multi-Family Bin Guidelines
- The Multi-Family Program Reminders
- The Multi-Family 341, 1826 Recycling Flyer
- Multi-Family Customer On-Call Clean Up Guide
- Avoid Wishcycling! Make sure everything you put in the Recyclables container belongs!
- What belongs in the Gray Garbage Cart/Bin?
- What belongs in the Brown Food Scraps Cart/Bin?
- What belongs in the Blue Recyclables Split Carts/Bins?
- What belongs in the Blue Paper/Fibers Recyclables Carts/Bins?
- What belongs in the Blue Recyclable Containers Carts?
- What belongs in the Green Yard Trimmings Cart/Bin?
- What happens to my Garbage?
- What happens to my Food Scraps?
- What happens to my Recyclables?
- What happens to my Yard Trimmings?
- Reduce & Reuse, before you Recycle
- Move In Guide
- Move Out Guide
- Searchable, color-coded listing of items that belong in each cart
- Street Sweeping Map and Schedules
- Multi-Family Holiday Tree Collection Program
- January 2022: New State Law, Senate Bill 1383 – How Does it Affect You?
- October 2021: New State Law, Senate Bill 1383.
- January 2021: Recycling is Required, We Can Help!
Newsletters and Postcards
- May 2022: Recycling 1-2-3, Sorting Tip – Cardboard, Split-Cart Recycling and Contamination, State Senate Bill 1383 Requires Composting and Recycling – We Can Help!, Efficient Service Tips, Neighborhood Clean-Up Days.
- February 2022 – Proper Sorting Makes a Difference (and it’s the law!), Customer Spotlight, We Can Help With Compliance, Multi-Family Clean Up Program, Only Rain in the Storm Drains, Proper Disposal of Hazardous Waste, Holiday Service Schedule.
- November 2021: Senate Bill 1383 – Begins January 1, 2022, Holiday Service Schedule, Multi-Family Holiday Tree Collection, AB1826 Compliance Notice – We Can Help!
- August 2021: Make Sure Your Complex Has the Right Levels of Service, California Regulations Require Recycling and Compost, AB 1826 Non-Compliance Notice, Avoid Wishcycling, Service Tip: Container Lids Must Close, City of Milpitas Summer Events, Holiday Service Schedule.
- May 2021: Recycling 1-2-3, Dual Stream Recycling, Did You Know?, Sorting Tip – Cardboard, Help Us Help You, Landscaper Compliance, Holiday Service Schedule.
- February 2021: Proper Sorting Makes a Difference (and it’s the law), Improve your Recycling and Organics Program – We Can Help!, Bulky Item Clean Up Program, Only Rin in the Storm Drains, Put Hazardous Waste in the Right Place, Holiday Service Schedule.
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
Donation / Reuse
- City of Milpitas Reuse Line -408-586-2680
- Goodwill Industries – www.goodwillsv.org
- Salvation Army – www.salvationarmyusa.org or 1-800-95-TRUCK
- Santa Clara County’s Center for Development of Recycling – www.recyclestuff.org or 800-533-8414
- Freecycle.org – www.freecycle.org
- List of Organizations In and Around Milpitas That Accept Food Donations
Gardening & Composting
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) / Electronic Waste
Earth Day Everyday