Publications & Resources
The following outreach materials are designed to help commercial service customers make the most of available programs and services. Print them from your own printer or order hard copies. Contact us to request hard copies.
- The Commercial Service Guide
- Commercial Bin/Cart Collection Guidelines
- The Commercial 341, 1826, Hazardous Waste Program Reminder
- AB 827 Guidelines for Food Service Establishments
- What Belongs in the Gray Garbage Cart/Bin?
- What Belongs in the Brown Food Scraps Cart/Bin?
- What belongs in the Blue Recyclables Split Carts/Bins?
- What belongs in the Blue Dedicated Recyclable Containers Carts?
- What belongs in the Blue Paper/Fibers Recyclables Carts/Bins?
- What Belongs in the Green Yard Trimmings Cart/Bin?
- What happens to my Garbage?
- What happens to my Food Scraps?
- What happens to my Recyclables?
- What happens to my Yard Trimmings?
- JUNE 2020: COVID-19 Resources for Businesses, Guidance for Reusables, Thank you For Your Efforts!, Proper Sorting Keeps Garbage out of the Recyclables and Recyclables out of the Landfill, Did You Know?, Regulations Require Recycling and Composting, Holiday Service Schedule.
- MARCH 2020: Is Your Business Committed to Long-Term Sustainability?, Become a Green Business Today!, Landscapers and Yard Trimmings, Holiday Service Schedule, Dual Stream Recycling Means Less Contamination, Proper Disposal of Hazardous Waste.
- JULY 2020: Recycling is Required – We Can Help!
- MAY 2020: We Support Our Community – Steps You Can Take To Help Us Help You!
- APRIL 2020: Recycling is Required, Landscaper AB 1826 Compliance Information.
- FEBRUARY 2020: Recycling is Required, We Can Help!
What Happens to Recyclables? video, click here.
What Happens to Food Scraps? video, click here.
What Happens to Garbage? video, click here.
What Happens to Yard Trimmings? video, click here.
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Offices
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Retail Establishments
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Food-Service Establishments
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Manufacturers
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
Donation / Reuse
- City of Milpitas Reuse Line -408-586-2680
- Goodwill Industries – www.goodwillsv.org
- Salvation Army – www.salvationarmyusa.org or 1-800-95-TRUCK
- Santa Clara County’s Center for Development of Recycling – www.recyclestuff.org or 800-533-8414
- Freecycle.org – www.freecycle.org
Gardening & Composting
Business Hazardous Waste (HHW) / Electronic Waste
- Free HHW drop-off facility for Santa Clara County businesses
- Find a certified e-waste recycler
- Asbestos Safety and Information
Become a Green Business!
- California Green Business Network of Santa Clara County
Innovative recycled-content products made by California manufacturers.
Earth Day Everyday