Publications & Resources
Guides and Posters
The following outreach materials are designed to help commercial service customers make the most of available programs and services. Print them from your own printer or order hard copies. Contact us to request hard copies.
- The Commercial Service Guide
- Commercial Bin/Cart Collection Guidelines
- The Commercial 341, 1826, Hazardous Waste Program Reminder
- What Belongs in the Gray Garbage Cart/Bin?
- What Belongs in the Brown Food Scraps Cart/Bin?
- What belongs in the Blue Recyclables Split Carts/Bins?
- What belongs in the Blue Dedicated Recyclable Containers Carts?
- What belongs in the Blue Paper/Fibers Recyclables Carts/Bins?
- What Belongs in the Green Yard Trimmings Cart/Bin?
- What happens to my Garbage?
- What happens to my Food Scraps?
- What happens to my Recyclables?
- What happens to my Yard Trimmings?
- Alpha listing of items that belong in each cart
- Street Sweeping Map and Schedules
- DECEMBER 2018: Think Green this Holiday Season, Organics Recycling is Required, Recycling Reminder-Cardboard, Avoid Wishcycling, Holiday Service Schedule.
- SEPTEMBER 2018: Recycle Right!, Proper Sorting Makes a Difference!, Holiday Service Reminder, Are Reusables Right for Your Business?, Recycled-Content Manufacturers Directory.
- JUNE 2018: Keep your Recyclables Stream Clean!, California Regulations Require Recycling and Composting – We Can Help!, Green Business Network, ReThink Disposable Technical Assistance Program and Holiday Service Schedule.
- MARCH 2018: We are Your New Waste Services Collection Provider, Dual-Stream Recycling Program, Become a Green Business, Proper Disposal of Hazardous Waste, Holiday Service Schedule
- JANUARY 2019: Rate Increase and Organics Recycling is Required, We can Help!
- NOVEMBER 2018: Organics Recycling is Required & Holiday Service Schedule
- MAY 2018: Dual Stream Recycling and Recycling is Mandatory-We Can Help!
- APRIL 2018: Recycling is Changing – Proper Sorting Tips, Improve Your Program Today-We can Help!
- FEBRUARY 2018: Recycling is Required-We Can Help!
What Happens to Recyclables? video, click here.
What Happens to Food Scraps? video, click here.
What Happens to Garbage? video, click here.
What Happens to Yard Trimmings? video, click here.
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
Donation / Reuse
- City of Milpitas Reuse Line -408-586-2680
- Goodwill Industries – www.goodwillsv.org
- Salvation Army – www.salvationarmyusa.org or 1-800-95-TRUCK
- Santa Clara County’s Center for Development of Recycling – www.recyclestuff.org or 800-533-8414
- Freecycle.org – www.freecycle.org
Gardening & Composting
Business Hazardous Waste (HHW) / Electronic Waste
- Free HHW drop-off facility for Santa Clara County businesses
- Find a certified e-waste recycler
- Asbestos Safety and Information
Become a Green Business!
- California Green Business Network of Santa Clara County
Innovative recycled-content products made by California manufacturers.
Earth Day Everyday