Publications & Resources
The following outreach materials are designed to help commercial service customers make the most of available programs and services. Print them from your own printer or order hard copies. Contact us to request hard copies.
- The Commercial Service Guide
- Commercial Bin/Cart Collection Guidelines
- The Commercial 341, 1826, Hazardous Waste Program Reminder
- AB 827 Guidelines for Food Service Establishments
- AB 827 Multilingual Brochures
- Avoid Wishcycling! Make sure everything you put in the Recyclables container belongs!
- What belongs in the Gray Garbage Cart/Bin?
- What belongs in the Brown Food Scraps Cart/Bin?
- What belongs in the Blue Recyclables Split Carts/Bins?
- What belongs in the Blue Paper/Fibers Recyclables Carts/Bins?
- What belongs in the Blue Recyclable Containers Carts?
- What belongs in the Green Yard Trimmings Cart/Bin?
- What happens to my Garbage?
- What happens to my Food Scraps?
- What happens to my Recyclables?
- What happens to my Yard Trimmings?
- DECEMBER 2023: Sorting Makes a Difference! Holiday Schedule
- SEPTEMBER 2023: Sorting Makes a Difference! A Word About Cardboard, Maintain A Clean Stream
- JUNE 2023: Right Size Your Service Levels!, Collection Service Tips.
- MARCH 2023: Is Your Business Committed to Long-Term Sustainability?
- DECEMBER 2022: Prevent Food Waste, Recycling Reminder – Cardboard, Holiday Service Schedule, Senate Bill 1383, Keep the Recycling Stream Clean.
- SEPTEMBER 2022: Is Your Business Compliant with Required State Recycling Regulations? We can Help!, Are Reusables Right for your Business?, Recycle Right, Become a Green Business Today, Holiday Service Reminder.
- JUNE 2022: Right Size Your Service Levels, Are you Senate Bill 1383 Compliant? We Can Help, Collection Service Tips, Holiday Service Schedule, The Recycling Market Development Zone Program, CAMade, and the ReThink Disposable Technical Assistance Program.
- MARCH 2022: Is Your Business Committed to Long-Term Sustainability? Senate Bill 1383 – What Does it Mean for Your Business?, The Dual-Stream Recycling Program Means Less Contamination, Proper Disposal of Business Hazardous Waste, and Be A California Green Business!
- November 2023: Have You Received an SB1383 Notice?
- May 2023: Proper Sorting Makes a Difference
- January 2022: New State Law, Senate Bill 1383 – How Does it Affect You?
- October 2021: New State Law, Senate Bill 1383.
- NOVEMBER 2021: Organic Waste Reduction Guidelines for Commercial Customers.
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Offices
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Retail Establishments
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Food-Service Establishments
- Recycling and Waste Reduction for Manufacturers
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
Donation / Reuse
- City of Milpitas Reuse Line -408-586-2680
- Goodwill Industries – www.goodwillsv.org
- Salvation Army – www.salvationarmyusa.org or 1-800-95-TRUCK
- Santa Clara County’s Center for Development of Recycling – www.recyclestuff.org or 800-533-8414
- Freecycle.org – www.freecycle.org
- List of Organizations In and Around Milpitas That Accept Food Donations
Gardening & Composting
Business Hazardous Waste (HHW) / Electronic Waste
Become a Green Business!
- California Green Business Network of Santa Clara County
Innovative recycled-content products made by California manufacturers.
Earth Day Everyday