Publications & Resources
The following outreach materials are designed to help residential customers make the most of available programs and services. Print them from your own printer or order hard copies. Contact us to request hard copies.
- The Residential Service Guide
- The On-Call Clean Up Guide
- Food Scraps Program Tips
- Avoid Wishcycling! Make sure everything you put in the Recyclables container belongs!
- What Belongs in the Gray Garbage/Food Scraps Split Cart?
- What Belongs in the Blue Recyclables Split Carts/Bins?
- What Belongs in the Green Yard Trimmings Cart?
- What happens to my Garbage?
- What happens to my Food Scraps?
- What happens to my Recyclables?
- What happens to my Yard Trimmings?
- Reduce & Reuse, before you Recycle
- Garbage cart sizes/dimensions
- Searchable, color-coded listing of items that belong in each cart
- Street Sweeping Map and Schedules
- Single Family Residential Holiday Tree Collection Program
Newsletters & Postcards
- JULY-SEPTEMBER 2023: Sorting Makes a Difference!, A Word About Cardboard, Maintain A Clean Stream
- APRIL-JUNE 2023: Spring Cleaning? Take Advantage of our On Call Clean-up, Before You Schedule Your Clean Up, Holiday Schedule
- JAN – MAR 2023: Use Your Handy Kitchen Pail to Sort Food Scraps for Senate Bill 1383 Compliance!
- OCT- DEC 2022: Fall & Winter Leaf Clean-up, Manage & Dispose of FOG Properly, Holiday Service Schedule, Sustainable Holiday Tree Ideas, Prevent Food Waste, and Understanding Food Product Date Labels
- JULY – SEPT 2022: Proper Sorting Makes a Difference, Repair, Reduce, and Reuse BEFORE You Recycle, Help MSI Provide Safe and Efficient Service, Sorting Matters – Our Split Truck Keep Materials Separate, Holiday Service Schedule.
- APRIL – JUNE 2022: Keep Your Gardening Routine Green, Have Extra Garbage? Please Remember:, Residential Curbside Collection Program: Used Motor Oil, Cooking Oil, and Filters, Holiday Service Schedule, Take Advantage of our Bulky Item/On Call Clean-up Program, Before You Schedule Your Clean Up, Reuse, Recycle, or Donate First, Service Reminder: Cardboard.
- JAN – MAR 2022: Use Your Handy Kitchen Pail, Senate Bill 1383, Support the Sort, See Our Split Trucks in Action!, Collection Day Reminders, Only Rain in the Storm Drains, Proper Handling of Hazardous Waste, and Holiday Service Schedule.
- OCT – DEC 2021: Fall and Winter Leaf Clean-up, SB 1383 is Coming January 2022, Our Split Trucks Keep Materials SEPARATED, Recent Audit, Prevent Food Waste, and Holiday Service Schedule
- August 2023: Maintain A Clean Stream
- July 2023: A Word About Cardboard and Streets Are Swept Twice a Month
- June 2023: Community Compost Giveaway
- May 2023: Please Remember to Move Your Vehicle or Other Obstructions On Your Street Sweeping Days
- December 2022: Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle With Green Gifts, Holiday Service Schedule, Street Sweeping
- November 2022: Avoid Food Waste, Holiday Service Schedule, Street Sweeping
- October 2022: Street Sweeping and Community Compost Giveaway
- September 2022: Street Sweeping and Community Compost Giveaway
- August 2022: Street Sweeping and Our Website is a Great Resource!
- July 2022: Street Sweeping and Avoid Contaminating the Recycling Stream
- May 2022: Residential Service Reminders and Street Sweeping
April 2022: Compost Giveaway and Street Sweeping
- March 2022: Street Sweeping and Straws Upon Request
- February 2022: Street Sweeping and Residential Service Reminders
- January 2022: Proper Sorting Makes a Difference, Split Trucks, and Street Sweeping Info.
- December 2021: Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle with Green Gifts, Holiday Service Schedule, and Street Sweeping Info.
- November 2021: Street Sweeping/Avoid Food Waste This Holiday Season
- October 2021: Street Sweeping and Fall/Winter Leaf Clean-up
- September 2021: Compost Giveaway and Street Sweeping
- August 2021: Street Sweeping and Have You Visited Our Website?
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
Donation / Reuse
- City of Milpitas Reuse Line -408-586-2680
- Goodwill Industries – www.goodwillsv.org
- Salvation Army – www.salvationarmyusa.org or 1-800-95-TRUCK
- Santa Clara County’s Center for Development of Recycling – www.recyclestuff.org or 800-533-8414
- Freecycle.org – www.freecycle.org
- List of Organizations In and Around Milpitas That Accept Food Donations
Gardening & Composting
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) / Electronic Waste
Earth Day Everyday