Publications & Resources
Guides and Posters
The following outreach materials are designed to help residential customers make the most of available programs and services. Print them from your own printer or order hard copies. Contact us to request hard copies.
- The Residential Service Guide
- The On-Call Clean Up Guide
- What Belongs in the Gray Garbage/Food Scraps Split Cart?
- What Belongs in the Blue Recyclables Split Cart?
- What Belongs in the Green Yard Trimmings Cart?
- What happens to my Garbage?
- What happens to my Food Scraps?
- What happens to my Recyclables?
- What happens to my Yard Trimmings?
- Reduce & Reuse, before you Recycle
- Food Scraps Program Tips
- Alpha listing of items that belong in each cart
- Garbage cart sizes/dimensions
- Street Sweeping Map and Schedules
- Single Family Residential Holiday Tree Collection Program
- Compost Giveaway for Milpitas Residents
Newsletters & Postcards
- JANUARY – MARCH 2019: Checklists for the New Year, Rate Increase, Proper Disposal of Hazardous Waste, Prevent Water Pollution, The Handy Kitchen Food Scraps Pail, Holiday Service Schedule.
- 2019 Holiday Tree Collection
- OCT-DEC 2018: Avoid Food Waste This Holiday Season, Manage and Dispose of FOG Properly, Reduce, Reuse and Recycle with Green Gifts!, Holiday Tree Collection, Holiday Service Schedule, Calendar of Events.
- JULY-SEPT 2018: Refuse, Reduce, Reuse and Repair Before you Recycle, Avoid Wishcycling, Service Reminder, Did you Know?, Size Matters-Cardboard, Holiday Service Schedule, Event Calendar.
- APRIL – JUNE 2018: Recycling is Changing, Proper Sorting Tips, Spring Cleaning-Reuse, Recycle and Donate, Holiday Service Schedule, Compost Giveaway
- JANUARY – MARCH 2018: New Collection Services, Why Split Carts?, The Handy Kitchen Food Scraps Pail, Holiday Service Schedule, Billing Information, FAQs and more!
- MARCH 8, 2019 – Street Sweeping, Straws Upon Request/Reduce Plastic Pollution
- February 8, 2019 – Street Sweeping, Residential Service Reminders – Used Oil/Household Batteries.
- January 11, 2019 – Street Sweeping, Proper Sorting-Food Scraps
- January 4 and 11, 2019 – Holiday Tree Collection
- December 28, 2018 – Holiday Service Schedule, Holiday Tree Collection
- December 21, 2018 – Holiday Service Schedule, Holiday Tree Collection
- December 14, 2018 – Street Sweeping, Green Gifts, Holiday Service Schedule
- November 9, 2018 Street Sweeping, Holiday Service Schedule – Avoid Food Waste
- October 12, 2018 Street Sweeping/Manage and Dispose of FOG properly
- September 14, 2018 Street Sweeping/Have Extra? Schedule an On-Call Bulky Item Clean Up!
- August 10, 2018 Street Sweeping/Visit our Website!/Sign up for Auto Pay/ Create an Online Account
- July 13, 2018 Street Sweeping/Size Matters! A Word About Cardboard
- June 8, 2018 Street Sweeping/Refuse, Reduce and Reuse Before You Recycle
- May 4, 2018 Street Sweeping/Second Chance Compost Giveaway
- April 13, 2018 Street Sweeping/Community Compost Giveaway
- March 9, 2018 Street Sweeping/Residential Service Reminders
- February 9, 2018 Street Sweeping/Residential Service Reminders
- January 12, 2018 Street Sweeping/Residential Service Reminders
- December 15, 2017 Street Sweeping/Residential Service Reminders
For New Collection Carts and Proper Set out Tips click here.
For the Handy Kitchen Pail instructional video, click here.
For Pay as you Throw instructional video, click here.
For Single Family Residential On-Call Bulky Item Clean up Program video, click here.
Garbage/Food Scraps Split Cart Collection video, click here.
Split Cart Collection Program video, click here.
What Happens to Recyclables? video, click here.
What Happens to Food Scraps? video, click here.
What Happens to Garbage? video, click here.
What Happens to Yard Trimmings? video, click here.
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
Donation / Reuse
- City of Milpitas Reuse Line -408-586-2680
- Goodwill Industries – www.goodwillsv.org
- Salvation Army – www.salvationarmyusa.org or 1-800-95-TRUCK
- Santa Clara County’s Center for Development of Recycling – www.recyclestuff.org or 800-533-8414
- Freecycle.org – www.freecycle.org
Gardening & Composting
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) / Electronic Waste
- Free HHW drop-off facility for Santa Clara County residents
- Find a certified e-waste recycler
- Asbestos Safety and Information
Earth Day Everyday