Commercial Bin and Cart Service Guidelines
- Make sure container is accessible by 4am on scheduled service day.
- Do not block container with parked vehicle(s) or other obstacles.
- Provide gate key or code if container is located behind locked gate.
- If for any reason the garbage, food scraps, recyclables or yard trimmings container is not picked up on the regularly scheduled day, please call our office by 8:00am on the next business day so we can return to service the container.
- Put materials in the appropriate container for collection. Milpitas Sanitation will not pick up loose or misplaced materials.
- DO NOT DISPOSE OF HAZARDOUS WASTE IN CONTAINER.
- Do not place mattresses or box springs in containers.
- Do not place wooden pallets in containers.
- Do not place more than 400 pounds in one-yard containers.
- Level off the materials inside containers to assure service.
- Service cancellations or modifications must be made in writing either by mail, fax, email or in person. Verbal cancellations will not be accepted. Cancellations will not be made retroactively. It is the customer’s responsibility to end services with Milpitas Sanitation and all services are due and payable until proper paperwork is submitted.
If you have any questions regarding the service, please call our office at 408-988-4500.